Colour fades, temples crumble, empires fall, but wise words endure.
-Edward Thorndlike.
.
Lets persist, for the steeper the climb the closer i am to the summit.
.
Camp Day 2 n 3.
.
To sum it all up: The camp was Empowering, affirming, inspiring, motivating and FUN!!
Thanks to ROHEI, NP and of cuz my fellow campers of whom i've spent 3days 2 nites with.
.
My roommates : Reggie, KH, YEW HENG!, Xian Jin, Malcom and Zul, they are really fun people.
.
Lots of thanks to Yew Heng for being so open to the group by sharing all his stories...it goes to show that you are really mature as u think u are, u accept your past mistakes and share it with people hoping that they wont make the same mistakes. Thanks to you. I dedicate the "best camper" title to you. Hope u wont think u are stupid anymore ;)
~no one is stupid~
Hahas i've never seen a guy being so obsessed with some korean girl group...SNSD right? hahas
.
Great knowing Dexter too. May he achieve his goals and find happiness.
~once we hit the bottom, the only way is UP!
.
Of cuz everyone else in Sparktans whom w/o them...it will be so boring! hahas hope we will have an outing soon so i can get to know your more.
.
I've learnt a lot.
.
Be4 the TCP camp, i had X-ventures camp, of which i only went for Day 1. It was quite fun. lols. We did some gym...seriously tired as i ran 16km the previous day! Then after slacking about, we ran into bukit timah. This time we ran the right route. The second time i ran there, i start to realise more things. I guess we were going much slower and i'm more familiar with the place thats why i get to take some time and smell the roses. The place seems more Magical...more mystical...or more fairytale-like. I would REALLY really love to Picnic at that place...it will be so romantic i suppose...hmmm throw in a bottle of red wine too:) Cheers to Hakim for his strong will and ever enthusiasm even when he is fasting. CHEERS!!!
.
After the run, we made our way to cineleisure to eat dinner with JJ, XL, Wen Li and Alvin(aka Twister). It was at that Korean chicken shop at basement lols...it uses OLIVE oil lols. We all thought the soup was included in the student meal =.= super silly and it cost so MUCH!!! Never going to go there and eat their pricey stuff.
.
Whoever is in the camp went to watch "Dance flick"......its the worst show ever....super lame....wasted my money and time! I saw those machines where u pick up plushies, I was so tempted to give it a try...but didn't. It really seems good for the machines there as compared to all other places in singapore. Wait till i'm requested then. lols
.
We walked about...took picts...Ha kim is photogenic man! Looks so good in the picts taken!
We then went to Al-azhar, opp. Beauty World. ;) But they serve me cold curry for 50cents...wth.
.
The end of my short stay for X-ventures camp.
.
When you asked someone what is their toughest adversity they have gone thru', you can tell quite some things about them. Take me for example, i find that i'm very much sheltered and very fortunate. Probably thats why i wanna help others who are not as fortunate and pass it on. Easy to say, tough to act.
我能做到的!!
What i've said about seeing myself doing in the short term in poly, be4 tcp break-camp, I believe I can do it!! Don't procrastinate and try not to waste so much time on needless distractions.
.
Being given the 'best camper' title alongside with HUANG!!! KH!!! lols, it was cool. I kind of expected it...who will be getting. I think i quite good at guessing such stuff. But for my group i was hoping that Yew Heng gets it, honestly. Hopes he can quit smoking!
Not forgetting Reggie too, many well praises, hope we get to work with each other ;)
After the camp...same ol' side effects. Close to falling sick...lucky didn't, but nt feeling good.
Becuz my wound wasn't disinfected after i fell...now it is infected!! Sian....sure get ugly and take some time to heal...got pus bla bla....cant believe the yellow lotion at home has expired since 2005!!!! Wth....
.
Friday
.
Had to go Jia Yi house, to do the proj.
>.< found out that Sophie left the comm....T.T....the news was saddening. Will love to work with her:) 21st sept, monday is her bdae. We bought those cards that says Special Offer for us to write her notes. lols. I Am Terrible at writing such stuff....dunno what to write...only the standard stuff. What more can i write? I think i must work harder on my english too.
.
We wasted a hell lot of time....by the time we wait for almost every1 to reach and finish getting the materials it was abt 4pm! wth...i went there at 12+ and only started doing sth productive at 4++....but its alrite....rite? It tires me out by wasting time X.x Left earlier at 7pm to go ION for Dinner...its at Taste Paradise....chinese food. SUPER EX>.< this is to celebrate for my 2nd sis and younger bro bdae. I really really really cant stand my bro...he thinks he got a funky attidtude ah? Not happy say it out!
~im not perfect~
I shld learn how to deal with him using DICE...but it will tire me out even more...so whateva i do wont irritate him...wth the world doesnt work this way.
.
Finally i've reach TODAY.
.
Met up with some FTS comm and some BODs for some campaigning -.- lols "campaigning".
We had to put on the badana over our mouth and give out stickers by sticking it on them and say stuff like "fight the discrimination against Hiv!"
.
I didn't really enjoy...though the idea sounds real cool...becuz the thought and the actual act is a different thing. In addition, i was tired...I manage to gave out 2 sheets of the stickers...lols i think i did the worst among them...maybe i was lazy or was too selective on who i should stick on. We were told to be selective.
.
Cant wait for Current affairs workshop.
.
Cant wait for SnS to be over, so that i will quit LSCT. I will celebrate my departure from this 'crap' cca. Yippeee the thought of it brings joy.
.
Lols Jia MIn sms-ed me "Boo" and realised it was sent to the wrong Alvin...lols Too many Alvins liao....but becuz of this Boo! we sms-ed quite a lot lols.
.
Think i am trying to do too many things at one time? Probably. But things will get better once i get LSCT society off my back...things that make u sad, get it off, if it is a
redundant stuff.
I'm getting curious about quite a no. of things. Hahas. People especially. =X
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will have the Resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of Life.
Super long post. I got quite a few picts to POST!!! lols i always lazy to post picts...